I just finished up my Neptune square Sun transit (my Sun is at 11 degrees Sagittarius). This transit was very impactful and I wanted to share my experience with all of you.
For reference, my Sun is located in my 12th house in Sagittarius. My Sun is conjuct Uranus and my ascendant, trine my Aries Moon, sextile my Mars and Midheaven, and opposite my 6th house Chiron.
Here are a few key things that happened during my transit:
Problems with men in my life
- The Sun is a masculine project and often represents the men in one’s life. As such, I wasn’t surprised that some very close men in my life disappointed me during this transit. For the majority of this transit, I’d had a very positive relationship with all of these men (at least, in my mind). What I didn’t realize was that I was focussing mostly on their positive qualities while ignoring their negative qualities.
- It wasn’t until the last pass of Neptune squaring my Sun that everything came crashing down. Incidentally, most of the issues came to surface when the planet Saturn transited over my natal Neptune, which is the astrological equivalent of a wake-up call. Basically, I found out that these men were not who I thought they were. To be quite honest, I blame myself for not seeing these men clearly, for who they truly were. Hindsight is 20/20, and I kick myself for not recognizing the problems sooner. That’s the thing with Neptune – you have rose-colored glasses on the entire transit, so the crash is very painful
- My advice: if you are in a Neptune transit and some people or relationships seem ‘too good to be true’, they ARE. It is imperative to stay as realistic as possible during this time and acknowledge the other person’s shortcomings. No one is perfect, and the more you remember that, the easier it will be later on. This goes for all hard Neptune transits.
- Health problems are common during Neptune transits. Neptune “illnesses” are generally hard to pinpoint or diagnose, and are often psychosomatic.
- Up until my Neptune transit, I was an avid gym-goer. When the Neptune square hit my Sun, my fatigue increased more and more to the point that I was unable to work out, or do much rather than the bare minimum.
- Neptune is currently square my Ascendant, and the fatigue has persisted. Hopefully this will end once this transit is over
- This transit was active at the same time as my Pluto square Moon transit, which led to some pretty explosive results.
- Neptune tends to ‘sensitize’ anything it touches, so the direct contact to my moon meant I was more sensitive to the feelings and actions of others. Negative, high-strung people drained me, and I was easily hurt. Things tended to ‘get’ to me more during this transit, leading to a lot of tears and hurt feelings.
Overall, this was not a positive transit, and I’m very glad it’s over. As usual, I’m glad it happened because it has taught me so many lessons, namely to keep my guard up and not be so trusting of others. It also forced me to slow down and be easier on my body.
Out of all the questions I get from my clients, the most popular is “Is he/she the One?”
There are so many factors that go into whether your partner is your soulmate. I will outline a few below:
- Good composite is more important than good synastry
- This may not be a popular opinion, but throughout my consultations with clients, I notice over and over that good synastry cannot outweigh a bad composite chart. Why is this?
- A good synastry chart shows the chemistry between two people. It shows if they are attracted to one another and why. It shows basic compatibility between a couple. This is very important when first bringing two people together.
- The composite chart, on the other hand, relates to the destiny of the couple. It shows what the two of you create when you come together. You could have the most incompatible synastry connection with someone, but if you have a great composite chart, somehow things seem to keep you together.
- From my personal experience, I’ve had some pretty significant synastric connections with my previous exes. For example, with one man I had Moon conjunct Venus, Mars conjunct Mars, Venus conjunct Ascendant, Venus conjunct Pluto, and a Sun conjunct Saturn double whammy! We were immediately attracted to one another and I was definitely thinking long-term with him. We went on a few dates and things were going well. Then, as things started to progress and things started getting serious, he started to pull away. This confused me – we felt so good in each other’s presence so why the sudden lack of interest?
- I looked at our Composite chart and found the answer: we had a tight Sun conjunct Saturn AND Moon square Saturn connection. In Composite charts, it is said that the man represents the Sun while the woman represents the Moon. Saturn, on the other hand, rules responsibility, duty and limitations.
- While he felt very responsible and committed towards me, the relationship, for whatever reason, made both of us feel very insecure. First of all, work always got in the way of our relationship. He was a very busy doctor who worked in another city, which made things difficult to begin with. When we did have time to go out, perfect strangers would tell me I was “too good for him”. He had a lot of difficulty with that – his ego was shattered when people said those things to us. On the other hand, the Moon in square aspect to the Composite Saturn, which I felt very strongly. I felt ignored, neglected, and cold in this relationship because he always seemed to put work ahead of me. To top things off, I didn’t feel I could express my ‘inner child’ around him; I felt I always needed to be a ‘grown-up’ around him, even though he was 3 years younger than me.
- In the end, him and I didn’t work out. Regardless of what happened, I always felt happy around him when we were together (I credit this to Moon conjunct Venus – it’s really one of the best aspects in synastry you could hope for). However, we could not seem to ever get past the Saturn blockages we faced.
- Through Astrology, I have learned that all things come in good time!
- You could meet someone amazing and feel that you are completely in love, but I find that the timing of your meeting is very helpful in telling whether this relationship will end up as a marriage.
- Three things to check:
- Transits through the 7th house: major planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto) can signal a major relationship change.
- Obviously, Jupiter, the planet of good fortune and expansion, can bring someone into your life. This will likely be a joyful and expansive relationship for you.
- Saturn entering the 7th can either end a current relationship or bring a new relationship into your life. Saturn can mean an older person or a relationship that will come with its obstacles/burdens along the way. My best friend got married to a man 20 years older than her when Saturn entered her 7th house, but it ended quite suddenly (she is a very Uranian person so Saturn didn’t suit her)
- Uranus is the planet of freedom and originality. When this planet is in your 7th house, it can bring a new, exciting relationship that fizzles out just as quickly as it started. I do personally know some marriages that began when Uranus was in the 7th house of at least of the partners, but the two people were very different professionally, culturally, and ethnically.
- Neptune can bring a dreamy love and a true feeling of finding one’s soulmate, while Pluto can bring a complete overhaul in the love department. You could attract a very intense and transformative love relationship at this time.
- Transits to Venus and the ruler of your 7th house
- Venus is the planet of love and affection, and has a direct link to relationships and especially soulmates! Because of this, transits to Venus are some of the best indicators of finding the “one”. You definitely want to look out for harmonious aspects to Venus from the outer planets, such as trines and sextiles, and sometimes even conjunctions
- The ruler of the 7th house represents the type of partner you will end up with. This is very similar to Venus, as it relates to one-on-one partnerships and relationships
- The BEST love transits are:
- Jupiter conjunct/sextile/trine natal Venus or ruler of the 7th house
- Saturn conjunct/sextile/trine natal Venus or ruler of the 7th house
- Uranus conjunct/sextile/trine natal Venus or ruler of the 7th house
- Neptune conjunct/sextile/trine natal Venus or ruler of the 7th house
- Pluto conjunct/sextile/trine natal Venus or ruler of the 7th house
- I find that a lot of people fall in love during a strong Neptune transit to natal Venus, but these relationships often do not work out. This is because Neptune is the planet of illusion, and by the end of the transit, you may find that the person you fell in love with isn’t the person you thought they were. During a harmonious Neptune-Venus transit, you can easily fall in love and the effects of Neptune will be much less taxing
- Solar Returns
- What does your Solar Return chart look like this year? The Solar return shows potentials for the year, including for marriage
- Each and every Solar Return chart for the years I entered relationships were very heavy in the 5th and 7th houses
- Look for a well-placed Venus and ruler of the 7th house for more details and clues
- If you would like an astrologer to take a look at your Solar Return, visit my Consultations page to set up a reading with me
- Progressions/Solar Arc
- I don’t think it’s possible to NOT have a special progression or solar arc aspect when meeting the “one”. Progressions show major trends in our lives, so there needs to be some sort of progression involving the 7th house, Venus, or the ruler of the 7th house when the “one” enters your life.
- Some examples of progression or solar arc aspects indicating love:
- Progressed Sun-Venus aspects or Venus-Sun aspects – sextile, trine, conjunction
- Progressed Ascendant-Venus aspects or Progressed Venus-Ascendant aspects – this one is the best indication for finding love
- Progressed Venus-ruler of the 7th house or ruler of the 7th house to Venus aspects – indicates love and union
- Progressed planets in the 7th house
- Progressed planets making a harmonious aspect to the 7th house or 7th house ruler
I truly believe that true love comes down to compatibility, which is reflected through the synastry and composite charts, but it really comes down to the timing. THE UNIVERSE WILL NOT SEND YOU THE ‘ONE’ UNTIL YOU ARE READY. For those of you worried about your romantic future, fear not! You will find the ‘one’ in good time.