I just finished up my Neptune square Sun transit (my Sun is at 11 degrees Sagittarius). This transit was very impactful and I wanted to share my experience with all of you.
For reference, my Sun is located in my 12th house in Sagittarius.
Here are a few key things that happened during my transit:
Problems with men in my life
- The Sun is a masculine project and often represents the men in one’s life. As such, I wasn’t surprised that some very close men in my life disappointed me during this transit.
- For the majority of this transit, I’d had a very positive relationship with all of these men (at least, in my mind). What I didn’t realize was that I was focussing mostly on their positive qualities while ignoring their negative qualities.
- It wasn’t until the last pass of Neptune squaring my Sun that everything came crashing down. Incidentally, most of the issues came to surface when the planet Saturn transited over my natal Neptune, which is the astrological equivalent of a wake-up call. Basically, I found out that these men were not who I thought they were. To be quite honest, I blame myself for not seeing these men clearly, for who they truly were. Hindsight is 20/20, and I kick myself for not recognizing the problems sooner. That’s the thing with Neptune – you have rose-colored glasses on the entire transit, so the crash is very painful
- My advice: if you are in a Neptune transit and some people or relationships seem ‘too good to be true’, they ARE. It is imperative to stay as realistic as possible during this time and acknowledge the other person’s shortcomings. No one is perfect, and the more you remember that, the easier it will be later on. This goes for all hard Neptune transits.
- Health problems are common during Neptune transits. Neptune “illnesses” are generally hard to pinpoint or diagnose, and are often psychosomatic.
- Up until my Neptune transit, I was an avid gym-goer. When the Neptune square hit my Sun, my fatigue increased more and more to the point that I was unable to work out, or do much rather than the bare minimum
- Neptune is currently square my Ascendant, and the fatigue has persisted. Hopefully this will end once this transit is over
- This transit was active at the same time as my Pluto square Moon transit, which led to some pretty explosive results.
- Neptune tends to ‘sensitize’ anything it touches, so the direct contact to my moon meant I was more sensitive to the feelings and actions of others. Negative, high-strung people drained me, and I was easily hurt. Things tended to ‘get’ to me more during this transit, leading to a lot of tears and hurt feelings.
Overall, this was not a positive transit, and I’m very glad it’s over.
As usual, I’m glad it happened because it has taught me so many lessons, namely to keep my guard up and not be so trusting of others. It also forced me to slow down and be easier on my body.