The Synastry and Composite are the most important charts in relationship astrology.
In the Composite Chart, the Moon represents how the couple processes and expresses feelings and emotions. It can also indicate the areas where the couple will experience the most drama! It indicates what the couple needs to feel supported and loved.
To properly assess the Moon, we look at the sign, house, and aspects the Moon receives. In this article, we will go over how the Composite Moon behaves in different signs.
Composite Moon in Aries
- The placement of the Moon in Aries in a Composite Chart indicates this couple expresses their emotions in a direct and passionate way. They are open and honest with their feelings, and love to tease and flirt. In this relationship, the couple may get irritated and angry at each other, only to forgive and forget moments later. Aries is a very fiery sign, but it does not usually hold on to grudges.
- Together, the couple may be more energetic, impulsive, and selfish than when they are apart. They are spontaneous and motivated in each other’s presence. This would be a great placement for a couple who compete together, as they energize and inspire each other to do their best.
Composite Moon in Taurus
- The Composite Moon in Taurus indicates a stable, consistent, secure relationship focused on comfort and material possessions. Financial security is linked to emotional security here. They are romantic, sensual and enjoy the finer things in life. This couple might be quite stubborn and resistant to change. They are emotionally stable and practical when faced with relationship difficulties. These two will take their time to build a solid and secure relationship that will last, and can depend on each other in times of need. On the downside, possessiveness and jealousy may be an issue in this relationship
Composite Moon in Gemini
- This placement indicates a couple who bond emotionally through communication. It is easy for these two to share their feelings with each other. They may feel they can read each other’s minds and complete their partner’s sentences. These two will like to keep in touch throughout the day, and will want to share all the details of their lives with each other. They will simply feel better by talking to one another. This couple likes being on the go, and may enjoy many short journeys and road trips together. They pique each other’s curiosity and love trying new things.
Composite Moon in Cancer
- The Moon is most at home in Cancer, so this placement indicates a relationship that is very focused on connecting emotionally. This couple feels very ‘at home’ with each other. They will naturally nurture and take care of the other. They want to build a family and move in together. They feel very comfortable in each other’s homes and with each other’s families (as long as the Moon isn’t badly aspected). It might be difficult for this couple to talk through feelings objectively, as their emotional bonds are so deep. They are very protective of each other and their relationship.
Composite Moon in Leo
- Couples who have Moon in Leo in their Composite Charts do not ignore each other! This couple gives each other the attention and ego boost they each need. They feel they are the main protagonists in a romantic movie. Leo is a dramatic sign, so its combination with the emotional Moon could lead to some major ego clashes, especially if the Moon is not aspected well by other planets. This couple might also emotionally bond over children or creative pursuits. They are a fun and flirty couple who value loyalty and devotion above all else. Together, they are very charismatic and attract a lot of attention.
Composite Moon in Virgo
- This couple might have met at work, but either way, they love working with each other and completing tasks together. Being productive will bring the two of them close together. They bond over a shared love of health and animals. While Virgo is not the most emotionally demonstrative sign, the couple will show love by helping each other, or doing something practical for the other. On the downside, this placement can also indicate an imbalance or inequity in the relationship. Perhaps one of the partners feels they are always “giving” in the relationship, while the other is always “taking”. Perhaps one person works for the other. Finding balance is key in this relationship, or else one will feel taken for granted by the other.
Composite Moon in Libra
- Partnership and commitment is easy for these two. When they met, they immediately felt smitten! The emotional health of this couple relies on balance, equality and cooperation. This couple notice when things feel unbalanced and unfair. They are both willing to compromise and work together to create an equal union. The two of them feel like a true team. This is a great placement to have in a composite chart, since Libra represents love and partnership. They enjoy throwing parties and have an active social life. On the downside, this placement can indicate passive aggressiveness and indecisiveness might be strong in this relationship. Others will see them as the ideal couple.
Composite Moon in Scorpio
- The Composite Moon’s placement in Scorpio indicates an intense and deep relationship. There is an “all or nothing” energy in this relationship, with both partners demanding complete and total commitment and loyalty from the other. This couple emotionally bonds over sex and intimacy. They do not keep secrets from each other and want to know everything about the other. Possible themes of jealousy and possessiveness may feature strongly here. The relationship will be transformative for both parties, and breaking up will not be easy. They will trigger deep, subconscious feelings within the other, so this relationship is anything but casual. Others will find them intimidating and intense.
Composite Moon in Sagittarius
- This couple’s emotional bonding is connected to travel, philosophy, and higher learning. This is a very fun couple who love to make each other laugh. They might have shared religious or cultural ties, or they may have met abroad. Either way, expanding one’s faith and philosophy are highlighted in this relationship. The two of them feel more adventurous, open minded and positive when they are together. They are a light-hearted, fun couple who love to explore together. They will be more open-minded, jovial and generous when they are together than they are individually.
Composite Moon in Capricorn
- Building something and achieving something together is key to the emotional health of this relationship. When it comes to resolving conflict, this couple is mature and practical. It may be difficult, or even awkward, to express deep feelings to each other. This would be a great placement for business partners, given that Capricorn rules business. While not emotionally demonstrative, this couple can depend on each other in times of need.
Composite Moon in Aquarius
- This couple expresses their emotions in an aloof, detached manner. They have a strong foundation of friendship. They treat each other as equals, and may bond emotionally over shared friends, clubs/groups, and long-term goals. This is not the most emotionally demonstrative couple, but they truly ‘like’ each other. They encourage each other’s individuality and give each other plenty of freedom.
Composite Moon in Pisces
- These two are very forgiving and tolerant of each other. They bring out each other’s compassion and sensitivity. They bond over music, arts, and spirituality. The couple feels most emotionally content when they are alone. In some cases, the relationship might lack definition and boundaries can be quite loose, so it is important to be very clear and honest to one another. The couple may feel they have found their soulmate in the other person. On the downside, this relationship might be somewhat unrealistic or overly idealized by at least one of the partners, so honesty and clarity are of utmost importance here.
Click here to read Composite Sun in the Signs
Click here to return to the Synastry page