Uranus is the planet of revolution, unpredictability, and instability. Uranus is the natural ruler of the 11th house and the sign Aquarius. In transit, Uranus often results in sudden upsets, unwelcome changes, and sudden insights.
Pluto is the planet of regeneration, death, rebirth, transformation, obsession, and intensity. Pluto is the natural ruler of the 8th house and the sign Scorpio. In transit, Pluto often results in deep exploration, obsession, the discovery of one’s power, complex involvements, and facing our fears.
Transiting Uranus is now situated in the sign of Aries, while Pluto is in the sign of Capricorn. Both signs are Cardinal; they are the signs which initiate change.
When these two planets collide, significant beginnings and fated endings are in store. Uranus jolts us awake, while Pluto compels us to transform our lives.
The best way to handle any Uranus or Pluto transit is to take the changes as they come, and keep aware that changes are inevitable. Those who cling to the tried and true, and operate on fear of change will have the hardest time with this transit.
How will the Uranus-Pluto square affect you?
1. Consider the houses these planets are transiting. For example, this week, my father had a fainting incident in a public place, and ended up hitting his head, which resulted in several hospital visits. Uranus made an exact square to Pluto on the 19th of September, and my father had his accident just the day before. In my own chart, Uranus is transiting the 4th house, and Pluto is transiting my 1st house. Uranus brought an unexpected, sudden event concerning my family (4th house). A transformation of my self-image (1st house), brought on my Pluto transiting the 1st, also took place; my priorities shifted and I was forced to become more responsible and strong to support my family.
2. Consider the aspects these planets are making to your natal planets (if any). To continue with my earlier example, my father’s natal Neptune received an exact square from Pluto and an exact opposition from transiting Neptune the day of his accident. Neptune rules my father’s 3rd house, which rules cognitive function and the “mind”. As a result of my father hitting his head, he experienced an intense episode of vertigo, along with depression and anxiety.
3. Consider the aspects these planets are making to your progressed planets (if any). My sister’s progressed Venus is at 8 degrees Capricorn, which was affected by the Uranus-Pluto square; Pluto was conjunct her natal Venus, and Uranus was square her natal Venus at the time of my father’s accident. In her progressed chart, Venus rules my sister’s 4th house (home, family).
Uranus Square Pluto Dates
Look out for themes popping up at the time of the squares. Look for reoccurring themes to occur at the times of each square.
• Uranus square Pluto June 24 2012
• Uranus square Pluto September 19 2012
• Uranus square Pluto May 21 2013
• Uranus square Pluto November 1 2013
• Uranus square Pluto April 21 2014
• Uranus square Pluto December 15 2014
• Uranus square Pluto March 17 2015
Click here to read Uranus transits your Natal Venus