In my natal chart, Chiron is situated in my sixth house of health, routines, diet, and work. I’ve been trying to find more information on this placement, but I haven’t been successful. Hopefully my experience with this placement will help other 6th-house Chiron people to understand this placement a bit better. Some celebrities with this placement include Jessica Biel, Ewan McGregor, Jennifer Lopez, and Carol Carpenter.
The house in which Chiron is situated often represents the area in which we have recurring problems, beginning in childhood. It can show what we’re compulsive about. It also shows the area that we’re able to teach other people about, despite having a lack of success in that area, ourselves.
Here are some ways Chiron in the 6th can manifest:
1. Eating Disorders: I’ve found this to be very common among people with Chiron in the 6th. We often have a preoccupation with eating habits with this placement. Personally, my relationship with food has never been “normal”. When I was young, I ate too much and was too overweight. Now, I eat too little and I’m too thin. Carol Carpenter passed away because of her eating disorder, and Jennifer Aniston has reported having an eating disorder.
2. Childhood illnesses: Many people with Chiron in the 6th were born with illnesses, often hereditary, which will reoccur throughout their lives. Look for these themes to pop up when Chiron is contacted by transit.
3. Ability to teach others about health: Despite my eating disorders, I know everything about food and nutrition, and I even thought about becoming a nutritionist. It is common for 6th house Chiron natives to have the ability to teach others better eating habits, even though they don’t apply these habits to their own lives.
4. Workaholism: This placement often leads to compulsive work habits.
5. Hypochondria: Again, this ties into a preoccupation with health. People with this placement always feel like there is something “wrong” with them, even if this is not the case. Feeling satisfied with the state of one’s health is difficult with this placement because the native will always find something to worry about when it comes to health. Personally, I always think the worst, and sometimes even hold off on my doctor appointments out of fear of what they will find.