What, in a natal chart, can indicate someone who may date or marry someone who has a lot of money and/or high social status?
Here are a few indicators:
Planets (especially Venus/Moon/ruler of the 7th) in Capricorn: Planets in Capricorn indicate someone who seeks fame and social status. As such, individuals with planets in Capricorn may marry for money, rather than love. As the planet of love and relationships, Venus, when found in Capricorn, is indicative of someone who may base her choice of mate on financial considerations.
Individuals with this placement tend to see love like a “business.” In other words, they look at relationships like “work,” and give and feel comfortable receiving love in practical ways. Venus in Capricorn natives are pessimistic and skeptical about love. Their fear of rejection and fear of vulnerability often comes in the way of them finding fulfilling relationships. In addition, Venus in Capricorn individuals are usually attracted to mature, successful “business” types, as security and stability, as well as social status, are important to them. You’ll often find Venus in Capricorn native in relationships with much older, or much younger partners. It is thus unsurprising that Venus Capricorn natives are more likely than other signs to marry for money.
- Anna Nicole Smith’s 7th house ruler, Mars, is in Capricorn.
- Heather Mills’s 7th house ruler, Mercury, is in Capricorn. She also has her Sun in Capricorn.
- Melania Trump has her Moon in Capricorn.
- Marla Maples’ Ascendant is in Capricorn.
Planets (especially Venus/Moon/Ruler of the 7th) in the second house:
The second house represents material possessions. Individuals planets in the 2nd house may associate love with money. As such, they may choose their mate based on financial considerations. The Moon in this house may indicate someone who associates emotional security with material possessions. Venus indicates someone who might associate love with material possessions.
- Heather Mills’ Sun and Mercury (ruler of her 7th house) are located in the 2nd house.
- Rachel Hunter has Venus and Moon in the 2nd house.
- Marla Maples’ Moon (the ruler of her 7th house) is in her 2nd house.
Midheaven in Libra/Venus in the 10th house:
These aspects indicate success and an increase in social status after marriage. Again, individuals with this aspect may marry (Libra/Venus) for social status (10th house).
- Heather Mills has Her Midheaven in Libra.
- Marla Maples’ Midheaven is in Libra.
- Gayle King has Venus in the 10th house.
- Rachel Hunter’s 7th house ruler, Saturn, is located in her 10th house.
Planets (especially Venus/Moon/Ruler of the 7th) in Taurus:
Individuals with natal planets in the sign of Taurus tend to be materialistic. As an Earth sign, Taureans seek security, and Taurus is the natural ruler of the 2nd house of material possessions. As such, Taureans tend to be concerned with financial security when choosing a mate. As a result, Taurus individuals may marry someone for their money.
- Vanessa Bryant’s Sun is in Taurus.
- Melania Trump has her Sun, Saturn, Mercury and Venus in Taurus.
- The ruler of Rachel Hunter’s 7th house, Saturn, is located in Taurus.
Planets (especially Venus and Jupiter) in the 8th house:
The 8th house represents “other people’s money.” Venus in this house can indicate “unearned money,” while Jupiter may indicate large inheritances or sizable financial gains through partners.
- Heather Mills has Jupiter in her 8th house.
- Jackie O’s chart has Venus in the 8th house.